Tuesday, June 9, 2009

fulfilling a childhood dream

I know that most of you have probably read 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', but for those of you that haven't, the youngest brother in the book, Edmund, gets tricked by the White Witch into bringing his brother and sisters into the country partially due to the delicious taste of a tasty treat called 'Turkish Delight'. As a child reading the book, I always assumed that 'Turkish Delight' was some type of nice warm meat product (Turkish.....turkey.....meat). However, it's really a type of candy. A type of candy that they sell in Australia.

I haven't convinced myself to eat it yet (especially after reading the description on wikipedia), but how could I resist buying something that makes me think of a book (and a great book at that) every time that I see it?

5 comments:

  1. I think I tried some Turkish delight at some time - you know me I never met a candy that I didn't try once - and I was not that impressed. Think fruit slices covered in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should go to a candy store where they make it fresh there and try some. Matt thinks you should eat it, tool; he wants to know what it tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama - Ew...maybe you should have waited until I tried it to give me that review.

    Melissa - did make just call me a 'tool' or are you just a bad typer? :) I will make sure to let you/him know what it tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will! I promise. I left it at home (and we're not there right now), but I'll try it as soon as I need some candy. :)

    ReplyDelete