Friday, June 12, 2009

absence

I hate when I can't post at least every other day. I know that my family at least is depending on some sort of entertainment. Work on Tuesday and Wednesday was crazy and I wasn't getting much sleep. Then Thursday just kind of flew by as well, Josh got off early for his R&R weekend (and an extra day this coming Monday for the holiday that he didn't take last Monday) and I spent my time hanging out with him (and catching up on my sleep).

So now it's Friday. And we're not in Dalby. We decided to make the drive over to the Gold Coast this weekend. It's a little more built up with huge condos right on the water and lots of restaurants and clubs and shops. But you have to realize that it's winter here. And lately, the winter has really hit. I think that it feels more fallish (with temps ranging from 37 to 68 over a day), but Josh claims that anytime the temperature falls below 40, it's winter. So we're in jeans and long sleeves (and coats at night), but it's still nice to walk around and see everything. Plus I don't think that we will want to deal with the crowds once summer rolls around.

We're going to stay in Surfers Paradise tonight and tomorrow and I think that on Sunday, we'll take the scenic route and drive back through the rain-forestey mountains around Mount Tamborine. I'll make sure to get some pictures up as the weekend progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment