Monday, June 8, 2009

This and That

Today was the Queen's Birthday holiday. Obviously, it's not the Queen's real birthday, but they celebrate it on one day each year (I guess so that it doesn't change when there is new royalty). So most everyone had the day off today....and of course, all of the stores were closed. Except to us, it was just a regular ol' Monday. Josh still had to work. 'A' Shift had today off and so 'B' Shift will get next Monday off, which actually works out better since that gives both shifts a 4-day weekend.

As has become a habit, I drove Josh into work this weekend so he can get that extra 30 minutes of sleep. Both Friday and Saturday were really foggy mornings - our first here in Oz. On Friday, I was trying to find the gym after I dropped Josh off at the park and I almost missed it because of the darkness and the fog. On Saturday, Josh was able to take a few pictures. I apologize for the blurriness since apparently I was trying to hit every bump in the road.


I was happy to have someone in front of me so that I could kind of see what was coming up in the road. Plus, I figured that a kangaroo wouldn't be stupid enough to hop between the two of us.

On the way back home the sun started getting high enough to burn off all of the fog, but it was so pretty watching it rise. The picture below doesn't do it justice since I was zoomed in to try to avoid the sign indicating that bulls are for sale at the place I pulled off, but it's still kind of pretty.

Sunday after work, Josh and I met Jonanthan and Kelly over at the golf course for 9 holes. They are both beginners too and so we had agreed that we would just have fun (Really, you should see me play). Josh and I were both scared when it looked like Kelly was going to bogey the first hole, but she brought it down to our level after that. Josh did manage to bogey two holes again (he came so close to par) and this time it was only out of 6 holes instead of 9 so his percentage is getting much better. We only made it to 6 holes because we were walking it and there were 4 of us and did I mention that in 2 weeks it will be winter here so the sun goes down at 5:20?
We all had fun and I think that we'll definitely do it again. I think that Josh might have caught the golf bug since he's sitting on his computer right now looking at clubs. The only part that I didn't like was when the sun came down and the mosquitos came out and I came home with 21 bites! 21! Josh didn't get bitten once and in the 15 minutes of darkness, I got bit 21 times. Josh says that it's because I'm just too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment