Friday, August 28, 2009

Interruption in regular posting.

So I know that I said that I'd post the rest of the Fraser Island pictures AND the V8 Supercar race weekend pictures and I promise that it will get done. Eventually.

But this week we had a visitor and so my blogging kind of stopped.

Ashley graduated high school with Josh and me and I don't think that either one of us had seen her since graduation (or the summer after), but we had gotten back in touch through Facebook (the wonders of modern communication). She decided a few months ago that while traveling the world, her first stop was going to be Australia. Now she's going to get to do some pretty cool and fun stuff over the 3 months that she's here (she's been here 3 weeks, 9 weeks to go), but she made the time to visit us in Dalby.

I picked her up in Brisbane on Wednesday and she spent Wednesday and Thursday with us. She was going to stay one extra day, but yesterday she sat down and figured out how she wanted to book out her tours and where she needed to be on what dates and we realized that she had to be up at Noosa Heads on Friday. So she left today.

Here she is at our kitchen table planning all her stuff.



I think that she enjoyed the fast internet that we have. And it was nice to laugh and hang out with someone that kind of knows your background and doesn't ask you how big Georgia or Atlanta is.

It also made us realize that we LOVE having visitors (she's our first one) so anyone that wants to come, we have more than enough room!

I did manage to get her out to Lake Broadwater yesterday to see some wild kangaroos. She had been to the Australia Zoo and petted/fed some tame ones like us, but it's completely different seeing them out in the wild.


The one below had a joey that crawled in backwards in the pouch. The roos were behaving really well. We probably saw between 50 and 75 while we were out there. Ashley was very excited.


I should probably retract my earlier statement that anyone is allowed to come out and visit us. My cousins on my dad's side probably aren't allowed - there is no roo shooting. And I wouldn't want them to go to gaol.


Also I ran over and killed this snake. I feel kind of bad about it because I think that it was just a harmless green tree snake and also because of how gruesomely it died. I was just driving down the road was we were leaving Lake Broadwater and heard some snap up against the car. Ashley said 'You know that was a snake, right?' So we drove around to look at it.

Whatever - I think that snakes that live in trees are probably just as bad as snakes that can fly so I'm probably did the mates around there a favor.


I drove Ashley over to Toowoomba this morning (she was greyhounding it to Brisbane and then up to Noosa Heads). On the way back home, I was pulled over as part of a random police stop (a policeman in the middle of the road waving 4 cars to pull over) and I had to take my first breathalyzer. AT 9:30 IN THE MORNING!!! I wanted to ask the guy how many people he's caught over the limit when they do these tests in the morning, but he was too busy reprimending me about getting a Queensland license that I decided not to trouble him too much.

And I passed in case there was any question.

No comments:

Post a Comment