Monday, July 13, 2009

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree

What we do on the weekends that Josh has off and we don't go anywhere, but just stay around Dalby.

We play dominoes.

And we play cards. Both alpino and rummy 500.

And we play golf. Sometimes twice.

This weekend, we went on Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, it ended up being almost 80 degrees. It was wonderful weather!

And we don't play with the yellow practice balls.

Sometimes, we even get around to cleaning the house.

This past weekend some cleaning got done, but most of it got carried over to this week.
And that's mainly because I convinced Josh to go on a walk with me on Sunday afternoon. The weather was perfect again and we needed to get out of the house.
We walked along the creek and made our way down to the park. Josh and I spent a lot of times on the swings. He even managed to jump out of the swing without damaging his back or knees.
I had a bottle of water next to my swing and this little 3 year old boy came over and started to pick it up. I had to explain to him that it was my water. I'm not sure if he understood me or not.
On our walk out to the park, we finally got our first good look at a kookaburra. They are scary, meat-eating birds.
This one let us get pretty close to it until it flew off.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=2188&f=311

    You can listen the song Up in a Tree a Kookaburra sat :) One of our favorite songs -
    xoxoxo,
    Sydney & Olivia

    ReplyDelete