Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thursday(s) Excitement

On Thursday mornings, we get delivered our local newspaper. That's right - the newspaper only prints once a week. I'm talking SMALL town living here.

Here's what it looks like just after I've picked it up off of our yard.



It's very tightly rolled and then very tightly wrapped up with a saran-wrap like substance. My best guess is that they have some machine that does this though I do like to imagine some worker in the newspaper office rolling all the newspapers and then struggling with the saran wrap to get them securely protected.

And then you get the fun of unwinding it.



That's the newspaper completely unwrapped. And yet it stays curled up at the bottom.

So you have to use whatever you have lying around that's heavy enough to flatten it out.



I'm hoping by this afternoon that it's going to be flat enough to read.

Also THIS Thursday we got delivered our water cooler and our first water supply.



It's not plugged in yet since we seem to have a lack of electrical outlets in our house and thus I need to go by some more multiple-plugin strips. But yay! No more having to buy bottled water to drink.

Also, Thursdays is the day that the ice cream truck comes by. I haven't bought anything from it, but I have heard it is not your typical ice cream truck. Instead of just selling single treats, it sells boxes of treats. So you can go out and buy a whole week's worth of ice cream. I'm going to try it out one of these weeks!

1 comment: