Monday, May 11, 2009

Australian is Funny - Part 4

Mmm - extra tasty. What's really funny is that right next to this in the cheese aisle was 'tasty' cheddar cheese. Why on earth would I just get the tasty cheddar cheese when I could have the extra tasty cheddar cheese?

My only reasoning is that Australian for sharp must be tasty, but then why on earth would they need an additional sticker telling you that there is extra bite in this cheese? It all just doesn't make sense to me.


On a semi-related, fairly interesting note - there is no orange cheese in Australia. It is all the white/yellow color that you see above. ALL of it - Colby, Cheddar, they don't have American but I'm sure it would be yellow too. It's very odd to go to the cheese section and only have yellow lying in front of you. I think that it all has to do with the anti-processing of food that they have going on in this country. But we haven't been able to find a single cheese that we really like (we use the stuff above mainly grated on our salads). It's going to be a long year.

No comments:

Post a Comment