Monday, May 25, 2009

25.05.2009 - Just an update

My younger sister complained that since I didn't post yesterday (in her words "Gave up blogging"), she didn't have anything to read while at work. Since it is our family's sole purpose not to upset Sweet Melissa, I figured that I better not skip two days in a row.

My camera battery died on me (again) so it's getting charged so no pictures with this post, but I realized that it's been awhile since I did just a generic update on how our lives are going and what we are up to. I also call this 'easy blogging'.

Josh finished his 8th day of work in a row today. This is the first time that he will have to do 11 days straight (he's done 10) and he seems to be making it through okay. I drove him into work both Saturday and Sunday so that we could both get a little more sleep (and because I had nothing else to do). I like driving out there because on the way back everything is waking up and it's really pretty looking at the open fields with the sun coming up. I saw a kangaroo both mornings (Josh saw one on Sunday) along with plenty of dead roos. Also, right near the power station there is this HUGE dead boar. It is the nastiest, grossest thing ever.

On the Saturdays and Sundays that he has to work, Josh only has to work 8 hours and gets off at 2:30. Which means that I should be at the park at 3 to pick him up. I somehow got it in my head that pick-up time was 3:30 and didn't realize it until I got to the park at 3:24 and there were no other vehicles there. Oops. He was almost finished with the ~1.5 miles when I caught up to him. I don't think that he would have been so nice if it had been raining.

Speaking of rain, only about 3 hours to the east of us, the coasts are getting battered by some storms. They show pictures on the news of cars in the sand and towns completely shut off due to the floods. We have been pretty lucky and only got 2 days of rain (Tuesday and Wednesday) last week which was welcomed since we were afraid that we wouldn't see real rain for awhile. Apparently when it rains too hard, the workers out on the power station get sent home at half-day since they can't do any work. Josh does "office work" in a trailer so he still had to do his full 10 hours. It would have been nice to get a call that he was coming home early, but I guess that he should put that college education to good use.

I have been busy working. I even worked today even though it's technically Memorial Day. I figured that since I had work to do and no one was here to entertain me, that I should just get it done. In the past few days, I've also gotten a few more bug bites on my feet. I have no clue what it is giving them to me. I've gotten a few as soon as I take my sneakers and socks off from working out and some in the middle of the night. You would think that it was a flea or something, but Josh isn't getting bitten and I'm not getting bit on a regular enough basis. Our best guess is that I'm getting some chiggers when I wear my flip-flops outside and the bites aren't showing up until later. It's completely ridiculous - especially considering how sensitive I am to insect bites.

We don't have any big plans for this upcoming weekend. I think that we'll take in a movie in Toowoomba on Friday and maybe drive up to the Bunya Mountains for a hike either Saturday or Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if anyone has informed Matt of our family's "mission statement".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama - I doubt it. Either that or he figures that she's worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete