Thursday, April 30, 2009

30.40.2009

There have been no confirmed cases of the swine flu in Australia yet (though Josh is claiming that he has it), but after seeing the following on the news today, I'm not sure if I'm in a safe place or not:

http://livenews.com.au/news/elderly-man-attacked-at-by-vermin-at-miceinfested-nursing-home/2009/4/30/204653

[If the link doesn't work, then let me just paraphrase that there is apparently the Darling Downs is experiencing a mice plague and that one unfortunate man in a nursing home was eaten at by one of these mice. I believe that he lived, but I don't think that just a little nibble. Oh - and that nursing home was here in Dalby.]

A MICE PLAGUE? Are you kidding me? I'm going to work on keeping the house REALLY clean, hoping that the elevation keeps them out and staying out of the rooms that we don't use.


In other, happier news, Josh got off work today at 2:30 and started his long weekend. He's scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday off, but will also have Monday off because of a public holiday (Labour Day). I'll be working on Friday and Monday, so I'm not exactly sure what he'll be up to while I'm working, but I imagine it'll be a lot of sleep and playing on the computer, PSP and DS. He's excited about the time off, but I don't think that it's really adjusting him to having to work 11 days straight.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, you're not laid up in a nursing home. I don't think they will attack you. And thanks for ruining my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't really the attacking. It was more just the mice in general.

    And yeah - isn't that nasty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are probably safer over there - 1st confirmed swine flu in Ga - LaGrange. We are sold out of hand sanitizer and masks.

    ReplyDelete