Wednesday, April 22, 2009

22.04.2009

It's about 8:30 at night and I am exhausted. I think that the last few nights of less than 7 hours of less than par sleep is catching up to me. So this will have to be a quick (and probably boring post). The day started off well. Josh made it up in time and we got him on the bus. I came back home and was able to get over 9 hours of work in. While I was here, the plumber came back and fixed-fixed our water so I was able to start doing laundry (since I didn't want to wash our clothes in hot).

After I finished working, I thought that I should go out and enjoy the day a bit so I went for a run/walk. A run because I am aiming to be a runner again and a walk because I know what the extra weight and recently healed broken toe mean to me running. Again, it was beautiful outside.

Roo went with me and I took a few pictures (specifically for Sydney and Olivia). This is one of the posts that tells you how high the creek has gotten when it floods and supposedly tells you whether it's safe to cross the bridge to the left of the picture that crosses over the creek.



The creek is all the way behind those trees. I'm pretty sure that if the creek rises up to 2.0 m way back here, then I'm not going to leaving my house, much less wondering if I can drive my car across the bridge.

Also, Roo stalked some birds in a sanctuary that I passed during the walk portion. I apologize that he just looks like a big brown blob.

We see these birds all over the place, but I have had a hard time getting a picture of one. We have one that seems to like to hang out on our fence, but as soon as I grab my camera, he flys away.

Josh calls them penguin birds. That makes me happy.

So I got back to the house around 4 only to discover that while we had lights and air con (broken, but still) - none of the outlets were working. I went and looked at the fuse box, but didn't see any that were off. So I proceeded to get ready to go to town and made it to Big W and Woolworths for just a few things before going to the park around 5:15.
I was enjoying reading my book until the bus came at 5:35 and no Josh got off. So I waited in the car for about 10 more minutes and then decided to come home to see if he would show up here. About 2 minutes after I pull up, he's coming in the front door. Apparently, he JUST missed the busses and had to get a ride with another guy who lives out here. So, I put him in charge of trying to figure out what was wrong with the outlets. It turns out the dishwasher uses too much power and trips the circuits. I'm not real sure what the point of a dishwasher is if you can't use it without shutting everything else off.
So dinner, show and Josh is in bed already. He lost his voice today and apparently the guys are giving him a hard time - something about sounding a bit prepubescent. I'm rushing to write this
so that I can clean up the kitchen and get his shirts in the dryer (he finally got more than 1 shirt today). Maybe, just maybe I'll have a chance to look at one more work issue before I pass out.
No one ever said that it was ALWAYS going to be glamourous!

4 comments:

  1. I love your new blog! It sounds so exciting being in a country on the other side of the world, even if all your appliances are broken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care if its boring! At least you're keeping busy. Are you going to get phones so Josh can call you if he has missed the bus so you don't have to go wait for him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama - He told me that other night that he doesn't think that you're suppose to drink caffeine when you're sick. I don't know where he gets his ideas.

    Heather - Thanks! I'm glad you're following. The appliances are okay. I'm trying to take it all in stride. :)

    Haley - I don't think it's boring! I just fear that others might since I just talk about day to day stuff. And we have a phone which he called, but I was out at the shops. :(

    ReplyDelete