Monday, April 20, 2009

20.04.2009

I have to get to bed because apparently I am in charge of taking Josh down to the bus stop in the morning. He is getting up at 4:10 am to catch the 5:30 bus. I will be getting up much closer to 5:00 am.

So, Josh woke up feeling much better this morning. We still made the drive into Toowoomba just to make sure that there was nothing seriously wrong with him and there wasn't. The doctor prescribed something similar to Tylenol and we drove back. It was like driving from LaGrange to Atlanta for a 15 minute meeting and then driving back.

After we got back into Dalby, I talked Josh into running errands with me. We managed to get our local phone line hooked up and should have DSL within the next week (I'm running on a mobile broadband modem now). I just have to wait for the WI-FI modem to get here. We went to the Big W (read: Walmart) to get stuff for the house, to Sam Dick's (an electronics store) to buy a converter and TV for the bedroom and to Woolworth's (a grocery store - not a drugstore like I thought). At Big W, we ran into James, the other guy from Josh's office who made it into town today. We were happy to see another expat.

Back home, I managed to get some work done so that I couldn't call it a complete waste of the day and we just hung out. Josh went to bed around 8 and I told him that I would follow soon, but I guess that was a lie. I have got to quit doing so many post with that many pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment