Thursday, May 28, 2009

29.05.2009 (Morning Update)

Yesterday, I had tea with the ladies again. Do I sound like a kept woman yet? I think that my time for hosting tea is coming up so I guess that I need to get my act together. One of the women, Kathy, is going to head up a Relay for Life team for an event here in Dalby in September. So we were getting together to talk about a team name (which didn't happen) and just to chat. I also got to meet Kelly, who is the girlfriend of one of the guy's that Josh works with. She is really into biking (brought her mountain bike, but has slicks) and actually teaches a spin class out at the PCYC (Police Citizens' Youth Club) which I guess is like a YMCA back in the States since it has a lot of kid's activities, but it also has a gym that you can belong to. I'm going to check out the gym on Monday and maybe hit up Kelly's spin class next Friday (we slept in today).

Josh started his 3 day weekend last night. I was getting ready to head out to pick him up at 3:00 and I get an email telling me that he wouldn't be home until 5:30. He has A LOT of work to do and not enough hours in the day to do it. He even hopped online this morning to handle some outstanding work emails. I know that he's glad to be home and relaxing for a few days though - at least we don't have to get up at such an unseemly hour. I think that our plans are to head to Toowoomba today to check out the 'Star Trek' movie (his choice, not mine) and then I *think* that we might play golf on Sunday. I found out that Sharlane has a set of men's and women's clubs that she'll let us borrow - plus, if golfing turns out okay, then maybe the girls will get together during the week and do it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Haley! I was hoping that you would get to catch up once you got back. You would LOVE that beach area!

    We are going back to the beach in 2 weeks, but to the Gold Coast instead. It has amusement parks and stuff so it should be fun in it's own way.

    ReplyDelete